3.07.2012

Comfort food

The other day, I've made braised short ribs based on the recipe my friend has recommended to me... and turned out great!





As much as I've loved the dish and can totally drool all over looking at these pictures, I guess they're not really my "comfort" food.  If I have something similar to this everyday, my stomach will probably go crazy!  So last night, I've decided to make something that's easy on stomach, which naturally is Japanese food for us.



 

Honey-miso glazed chicken
Bean sprouts and tuna marinated in Japanese mayonnaise and soy sauce on cabbage
Tofu with soy sauce and scallions
Rice and miso soup

These dishes are much simpler to make, and it only takes less than an hour to make them all (vs. 3 hours making those short ribs!).  I'm glad both my boyfriend and I are Japanese who prefers Japanese food the most, because they're the easiest (for me) to prepare and they are in fact pretty healthy as well.  Oh, you may think is this enough food for two people?  We're both on a diet right now, trying to lose weight for the NYC half marathon coming up next weekend.  I've seen some results but as for my boyfriend... he's already super skinny and muscular, I don't know if he has any room to lose weight...

No comments:

Post a Comment