3.04.2012

"hinamatsuri"

Celebrating with good sushi...












In Japan, March 3 is known to be "hinamatsuri" or also known as "girl's day."  There are a few traditional aspects about this day (such as decorating your room with these super fancy, expensive Japanese dolls, specifically made for this day, etc), but most importantly we celebrate by eating "chirashi."  On the day of hinamatsuri, I had another very long, yet very fast run with my boyfriend.  By the evening, I was pretty useless to do anything productive in the kitchen, so naturally I begged my boyfriend to take me to some sushi place.  We didn't had much choice, because we wanted to go somewhere very close so we can both enjoy drinking alcohol.  We ended up going to this sushi place right by our apartment, but surprisingly it was much better than we've expected.  It wasn't the typical sushi place you find in Santa Monica, where sushi is described as rolls with fried stuff and "cooked" fish, and people didn't assume spicy tuna rolls and edamame are the essentials at sushi restaurants.  This place was pretty authentic.  We had omakase and we were quite pleased.  If you love the authentic sushi, I think you will enjoy it as well.  (Although I forgot to take the picture of blue crab roll, which was served at the end) 

No comments:

Post a Comment