11.08.2011

NYC trip - ING NYC marathon




 






As some of you may know, my boyfriend and I were in NYC for the weekend for the most important race of the year, ING NYC marathon!!!  This race is pretty major for both of us, even though I've been always his cheerleader and not so much on running the marathon.  My boyfriend has been working so hard for the past year to go sub-3 and although he didn't quite make it this time, it definitely was a big moment for him!  I'm not sure what it is about this marathon, but this race is truly inspirational.  It also helps that one of my close friends from NY was running it too.  Many times, people have a hard time understanding why go through such torture, but marathon is truly a race of your own mentality.  With a history of racing in a competitive environment, I'm still a bit scared to go back in that field, but I've determined that I gonna at least try for a half marathon next year.  It was that inspirational!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment