12.06.2011

great food with even greater wines!

Somehow, french food even tastes better in Japan...











So, I still have about 500 pictures I've taken in Japan and really need to organize them...  It's quite crazy to think that most of these pictures are FOOD!!! Of course, my favorite.  This night was a pretty special night for both my boyfriend and I...  We had a dinner at this really cute french restaurant in Tokyo with his best friend of long time and his wife.  Since my boyfriend was a PhD student for a really long time, and his best friend already had a well established position at one of the major companies in Tokyo, he often treated my boyfriend for drinks and food every time he visited his friend in Japan.  So to show our appreciation (now that he has a full time job), we brought these back to Japan...

(except for the middle one - I bought that one for my friend's birthday/wedding gift)

Apparently, Opus One is insanely expensive in Japan and considering his best friend is quite a wine drinker, we thought it would be a perfect gift.  This restaurant had a reasonable cost for BYOB per bottle, and we had a fab time time!  But for some reason, his best friend somehow paid for the whole dinner (secretly), so we still owe him, quite a bit.  One of the most tasty nights in Tokyo, and yes, Opus One tastes AMAZING!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment