12.21.2011

Inspiration needed

Dinner from last night...




Another not-so-inspiring dishes, but it's been really hard to motivate myself to cook after a long, stressful day at work.  It also doesn't help that my boyfriend isn't picky and he just enjoys whatever I cook for him.  The first dish you see is my original, "chop whatever you find in the fridge and eat it with 'ankake' sauce (made out of soysauce, mirin, and dashi mixed with potato starch)."  It's quite simple and very fast to make, but pretty yummy. Fish of the day is mackerel cooked with mirin.

The great news is, I finally received my gift card from Williams-Sonoma!  My company generously provides gift certificates of $150 to all of their employees during the holiday seasons, and this year I've decided to invest in a very nice pot from Le Creuset.  I'm hoping maybe the price will go down during after-Christmas sales so I don't have to pay too much on top of this gift card.  I've never purchased a pot more expensive than $150, so this is going to be exciting!!! (and nervous)

No comments:

Post a Comment