1.13.2012

chef competition!

Random pictures of food I cooked recently...






I was especially pleased with how the curry casserole turned out.  It's not a difficult dish to make.  In fact, it's a very simple dish you use with leftover curry.  However, I burnt white roux twice in a row last time, and it didn't come out as nicely as I hoped for.  So you should have seen how excited I was when this one came out perfectly!

As you can see, I love to cook but there's so much room to grow and it pisses me off insanely when I screw them up.  It really stresses me out with no exaggeration.  It also doesn't help that my boyfriend is actually a better cook than I am.  Before I cook, I usually google and do some research, carefully think about what I'm going to make, and precisely follow the recipe.  But for him, it's more about the inspiration and "feel" to it.  He still does little research on google sometimes, but look at this!!!  Aren't these gyoza just simply look amazing?



It tastes pretty darn perfect too.  And his French toast... one of the best I've eaten!!!

Hopefully one day, I will be as good as he is...  Speaking of food, my boyfriend is taking me out to the restaurant Wilshire tonight!  So excited!!!

Happy Friday everyone, and have a wonderful long weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment