8.12.2011

fresh from farmers market

lots of veggies...



 



Japanese eggplants with Korean chili paste
Japanese mayo-flavored pork and egg on rice bowl
Spinach and canned tuna in ginger sauce (on tomatoes)
Homemade mojito

Since I absolutely hate going to the farmers market in Santa Monica on weekends, I've been trying to go there on Wednesdays instead.  Much more vendors and less crowded than on weekends!  It's like a win-win situation, except for the fact that I have the craziest morning before work.  

I was hoping to get some daikon this week, but since the Japanese vendor I normally go to didn't have it that day, I got other veggies instead like eggplants and spinach.  I love Japanese eggplants so I always get these, but I think my parents will be very surprised (and very proud lol) to hear I bought spinach... definitely not my favorite but it looked so fresh... had to try it.  Since I'm not a big fan of its natural flavor after it's boiled, I almost mask it with ginger (lol), but it turned out great!!!  That ginger sauce is super simple; ginger paste, soy sauce, little bit of sugar and tons of sesami and tada! Done!  However, no matter how hard I try, my dishes can never beat the homemade mojito my boyfriend makes... (using our home grown mints!) YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment