8.16.2011

Kimchi night

loove Korean food...



Over the weekend, all of a sudden I had this uncontrollable desire to have Kimchi soup.  I always loved Korean food and I used to eat it so frequently back in NY (back when I never cooked), but then I realized I haven't eaten it for a while.  Not having enough time to cook on the weekends, I finally got to cook it on Monday night, and it came out amazing!!!  It's definitely a difficult dish to screw it up because it's so easy to make, but having my pork marinated with ginger and garlic pastes, sesami, sake, and miso in advance made the huge difference!  Other ingredients are pretty normal: nappa, tofu, scallions, shitake and regular mushrooms with Korean red chili paste, soy sauce, sake, and of course, Kimchi!!!

So delicious, I brought it for my lunch today too... :)  Lunch I pack for my boyfriend always suck on Mondays, because I'm always super unprepared from having too much fun on the weekends, so I hope this one made it up for it from yesterday's...

No comments:

Post a Comment