8.19.2011

hayashi rice

dinner from a few nights ago...





I cooked this dish a few nights ago.  Even though it doesn't look like a typical Japanese dish, it's called hayashi rice, typically made with beef, onions, and mushrooms in demi-glace sauce with wine and tomato sauce.  It looks awfully similar to Japanese-styled curry, but it definitely tastes different.  I quite like it!  I also prepared a little nappa salad made with Japanese mayonnaise and bonito flakes, using leftover nappas from when I made kimchi soup.

So... it's a Friday evening I'm going nowhere but just chilling at the apartment today.  Sounds so lame, but I made this crazy pact with my shopaholic friend that we won't be spending any money on clothes/bags/shoes for next 6 months... so we can buy balenciaga bag, which we've been talking about for ever.  I'm still very suspicious if I can keep up with it, but we just shall see...

2 comments:

  1. i wonder who's your shopaholic friend...but that sounds like a fantastic idea!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you know who she is lol! I did well this weekend! Plus I got the tan you would appreciate. I have to take you to Laguna beach if you visit me... so many a "must" places we need to go see...

    ReplyDelete