7.09.2011

Brandy ♥ Melville





Growing up in NY, where many things tend to be more formal than LA and high-heeled pumps are considered "better" than flat flip flops in any occasion, it took me longer than expected to get used to the "LA casual" fashion style.  I still only have 1 pair of flats and 1 pair of flip flops! (not surprising if you know me already)  I'm sure that will change soon, considering how much "less" black I wear these days, but even after a year living in LA, I'm still quite obsessed with high heels.  But I have to admit, fashion is more fun in LA than NY.  Why?  Well, casual fashion can be stylish and fun without going completely broke.  Don't get me wrong, I still love NY fashion, but I've just been more adventurous with fashion, just because it's more affordable these days.

And this brand is a great example.  I'm not sure if I even gave it a chance if my mind set was still in NY, but man, they have some cute stuff with a price tag similar to Forever 21.  I went to the Brandy Melville at the 3rd Street in Santa Monica, and even though I wasn't supposed to buy any clothes that day, that didn't come out as planned. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment