7.12.2011

sushi night

dinner of the day...



We hardly eat sushi at home, mainly because it's too hard to prepare unless you're a professional.  However, there are those cheap sushi you can get at Japanese grocery stores, and since it was on a sale we decided to give a try.  Clearly, it's not anything like you can get at a nice restaurant, but fish was fresh and rice wasn't bad.



A lot of my friends eat fish, but I think this pic may scare them away a bit...  trust me guys, it's yummy!




We finished off our night with this drink.  I forgot the exact alcohol my boyfriend used, but we added the fresh grapefruits my friend grows in her backyard, plus the fresh mint we grow in our balcony.  There are tons of farmers market in LA area, but you just cannot beat the home gardening! Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Just so looking yummm
    and looking so healthy as well..
    wanna have your sushi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you always make me hungry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rie-chan, I didn't really make sushi... just bought it at the grocery stores haha! But it was good with shishamo and miso soup... simple food is sometimes what you only need ;)

    Rowena - your shoe collection made me antsy!!!

    ReplyDelete