7.18.2011

Strawberry Fields Triathlon 2011

Sunday morning in Oxnard...






There are many triathletes in LA and my boyfriend is one of them.  Because the weather is so suitable for running, biking, or swimming, it makes sense that it's so popular here.  Only problem is the meet usually starts early, and this meet started around 7-7:30am in Oxnard, which mean if you live in LA area, you leave the house around 4am...  In spite of the super early morning, everyone looked happy and excited.  I'm not sure if there's any sport as triathlon, where everyone looks this happy when they're... in fact in a lot of physical pain.  Luckily we weren't too effected by any traffic, despite of 405 shutdown. Thank goodness!

From standing in the sun and cheering for my boyfriend, I got some tan again...  I don't really like getting tanned because I can get really dark, but feeling the nice beach breeze wasn't a bad way of spending a quiet sunday morning :)

4 comments:

  1. i need weather like that here in nyc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how's the weather in nyc these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. too freakin' hot! ruining my marathon training motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NY is so extreme... really hot in summer and super cold in winter... but I still miss it ;)

    ReplyDelete