7.19.2011

simplicity

sometimes, simple is the best and that's all we need...

 

I didn't really mean to slack off, but last night was a pretty easy cooking day.  As I've mentioned in the previous entry, we love fish and luckily we had more in the fridge :)  Very glad it was already marinated in miso, so all I had to do was to cook them!  In addition, I marinated chopped cabbages and carrots in rice vinegar, lemon juice and little bit of sugar, and added a side of natto with daikon radish.  For those of you not familiar with Japanese cuisine... don't freak out... but natto is basically fermented soy beans.  Sounds gross, but it's so yummy and so nutritious, thank god my boyfriend loves eating them too!  It's a little acquired taste so even some Japanese can't eat them either...

2 comments:

  1. you can seruously open up your own little cafe in LA. everything you make looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet, but I'm only looking at making it look good but it tastes alright lol. Love our anthro measuring spoons! Use it every single day!

    ReplyDelete